1. You've surfed your way around the world and came across a product that you felt was good enough to start a business. Has Real Good Salt been a good thing for you?
It's been a great thing. We live in Sayulita Mexico. I get to spend my free time with my family or surfing. The Sea Salt we sell comes from Colima Mexico, a state just south of us. We sell it direct through our partners in the health niche.
2. You have the benefit of knowing some of the most successful online marketers in the world, what have you learned from them that you can share with your UltraCart colleagues?
Working for Yanik Silver and Isabel De Los Rios, I have learned that transparency and honesty with your joint venture partners is essential. Those joint venture relationships are the lifeblood of our business.
3. You were cautious with your first product launch for www.realgoodsalt.com, but you sold out of inventory within days. What did you learn from that launch?
Well, we didn't sell out in days. It was more like weeks. We launched the business about six months ago. Once we brought on an amazing copywriter and tested and tweaked our funnel, then, it took just a few weeks to sell out our initial batch of salt. We are currently working on our next order, quadruple the size of our initial order.
4. Looking back over the last few years of getting ready to do your own product is there anything that you would change?
Yes, we could have cut our six month test in half if we had hired a copywriter and funnel designer right away. Hiring experts is money well spent. As entrepreneurs, we try to do it all, on the cheap. It's so much faster to spend the money and get it done right the first time.
5. What initially drew you to use UltraCart for Real Good Salt?
The flexibility of the cart and the cost. We can scale our business without incurring more costs by using UltraCart. And, I set it all up myself. I have to say, the support has been fantastic.
6. What made you stay?
The fact that it works. And when it doesn't, it's almost always operator error and the support team helps me fix it right away.
7. What advice can you give new UltraCart merchants that are just starting out?
Hire the pros to do the jobs that will bring results fast. Sell a great product. Find amazing partners that love your product as much as you do.
Just wanted to let you guys know that CenterForLit.com has been an UltraCart customer for nearly ten years. All it ever does is exactly what I want and more. I couldn't be happier.
Ultracart integrates nicely with our website, and handles all of the transactions. We've written a script that pings the UC API and gets us pertinent data for our CRM.
When we switched to UltraCart, we experienced a substantial increase in sales within two months which we attribute to the added capabilities that we obtained by using UltraCart.