The Email Autoresponder may be considered either an extension of the normal marketing
campaigns or even a replacement. It ties into the normal marketing campaigns by using
the Email Lists described earlier. However, an Autoresponder differs from a simple
Marketing Campaign with the ability to have multiple emails programmatically delivered
to a customer by providing the following features.
- Complex Execution Paths – A single campaign can contain multiple steps
containing complex logic allowing for automatic reactions to customer actions.
Logic steps provide velocity code to dynamically determine the next steps in a
campaign, custom pause steps delay for varying time periods. The following
figure gives a small sample of the power available to an Autoresponder
- Parameterized, Reusable Email Templates – Define an email template once and
reuse numerous times within multiple campaigns by change parameters as
- Emails are sent through your mail server, from you.
- Email Autoresponder automatically checks your POP3 box for bounces and
updates email recipients accordingly.
- In addition to email lists and manual enrollment, customers may be enrolled in
campaign automatically based on these events.
o Abandon Cart
o Purchased Product
o Auto Order: Decline
o Auto Order: Credit Card Expiration
o Auto Order: Cancelled
- Individual and Group Management of campaign recipients.
o Terminating a recipient
o Restarting a recipient as a particular step
o Force a campaign step to execute immediately for a recipient
- Performance monitoring
o Orders are tied to campaigns and steps providing easy to track returns for
o Daily snapshots of emails sent, bounced, opened, links clicked, opt outs,
and products ordered
o Detailed history for every campaign customer.